I’ve had a couple people reach out and say they have some last minute gifts to give and wondered if these were easy to make. The answer is YES! And they’re cheap, too!! Here is a link to my cricut page with the images.
You will need:
- White Cardstock Paper (ONE 8.5 x 11 sheet per cracker)
- Brown Kraft Paper (ONE 8.5 x 11 sheet per cracker)
- Glitter 12×12 Cardstock paper in whatever color/s you’d like (you can fit a TON of crowns and buttons on one sheet. I would say about 25 per sheet if not more)
- Bakers twine or ribbon
- Orange, Black, and Pink markers to draw the eyes, smile, carrot nose, and rosy cheeks on the snowmen and the eyes on the reindeer.
- small red pom poms for the reindeer nose
- hot glue gun (for reindeer pom pom nose)
- double stick tape (you can also use glue for this part, too)
Making the Snowmen:
- Once you cut them out you will glue the glitter crown and buttons on first then draw the faces.
- Once the faces are drawn and the glitter accessories are glued you will roll the popper like a tube in order to prep it for the assembly.
- Attach the middle notch first, then the crown notch, and finally the bottom notch.
- Add a bit of double stick tape (or glue) to the top and bottom overlaps of the poppers so that when you tie them they don’t unbuckle.
- Grab some twine or ribbon and tie around the diamond portion creating a head.
- Add a felt scarf.
- Fill the snowmen up with candy, little toys, confetti, etc …
- Tie the bottom portion off with twine or ribbon. Double knot it then tie a bow.
Making the Reindeer:
- Cut out the Reindeer and then glue the glitter antlers to the kraft head.
- Draw eyes with a black marker and then hot glue the pom pom to the face.
- Repeat steps 2-6 from the Snowmen Crackers
- Hot glue or elmers glue the head of the reindeer to the top of the cracker.
- Fill cracker with goodies and then tie off the bottom of the cracker with bakers twine. Double knot, then a bow.
Merry Holiday Crafting and a Happy New Year!