I don’t have children of my own, but I have a lot of nieces and nephews, and if there’s one thing they loved when they were little were balloons! This is an easy craft you can make and just give to kids, or use as a photo prop if you really love St. Party’s day.
Supplies: Gold Balloon : Rainbow Tissue Paper : Scissors : Clipboard or a Mat and a Giant Clip : String or Twine :
- Open up the tissue paper and fold it in half long ways and then in half again.
- Clip it to your clip board, or with your giant clip, and clip it onto a mat or something that will keep it secure. Fringe the tissue paper. Keep about two to three inches uncut by the fold.
- Open the fold and twist the paper in the middle in opposite directions, like you’re unwrapping a candy.
- Twist the two pieces together and create a loop at the top.
- Repeat with all the colors you want to use.
- Loop it through the twine and tie a knot to keep it in place.
- Take the large balloon and take it to any grocery store. They will fill up your balloon and you will be good to go. The only problem is making sure you have a car that is large enough to hold your balloon!
There you have it! You have your very own tassel balloon to give away, or use to decorate a party. You can also use the Martha Stewart Fringe Maker to make the fringe, but those cant be made too long, I like my fringe thinner and longer than that machine allows. If you don’t have a crafting bone in your body, you can always just order these and just claim you made them 😉